Join us at the Male Engagement Event ~
"FOR THE LOVE OF KIDS, CARS,
Proceeds from the event to benefit "Blessings in a Backpack"
A designated area will be available for bicycle parking
Look for additional information on this wonderful family event coming soon!
Benefits of Fathers Being Involved
While we can spout off a great deal of research showing direct connections between moms being involved in their child’s education, there are a number of benefits that are directly related to fathers being involved.
• Do better in school and enjoy it
• Half of their children get mostly “A”s as compared to only a third when dads are not involved
• Half as likely to repeat a grade
• Much less likely to get suspended
• More likely to participate in extracurricular activities
• Are higher-performing, more responsible adults
• More interested in exploring the world around them
• Do better on standardized tests
THE MEN THEMSELVES:
• Are more involved at home
• Are more likely to visit museums, etc
• Feel more important in their child’s life
• With higher teacher morale
• Teacher’s get more family support
• Parents have a higher opinion of teachers
• Schools have better reputations in the community